Replenishing your energy while riding is extremely important for both your health and your enjoyment on the bike. With so many nutrition products on the market, it can be difficult to choose the right ones for you. Here’s a list of our 6 favorite products:
1. FRS drinks – These amazing beverages contain quercetin, a powerful antioxidant found in foods like blueberries, red apples, and grapes. The way quercetin works is by naturally activating your body’s capability to create energy. The more energy you have, the harder you’ll be able to push and the farther you’ll be able to ride!
2. Clif Bars – These tasty bars come in many flavors and even have gluten-free and vegan friendly options. This company is also committed to using ingredients that are not genetically engineered, and most of which are organic. Delicious!
3. Stinger Waffles – Inspired by one of Lance Armstrong’s favorite European “on the bike” snacks, this sweet morsel is a cross between a bread and a cookie, and delivers natural organic energy to the tired cyclist. There are 3 flavors: honey, vanilla, and strawberry. This snack is a favorite among our employees!
4. Hammer Gel – This potent gel comes in a slew of flavors and is the gold standard of concentrated carbohydrate energy, since it contains NO added refined sugars or artificial colors, flavors, or sweeteners. With Hammer Gel, you will get a burst of energy that lasts, not a “flash and crash.”
5. Cytomax – A performance drink unlike any you’ve had before. Cytomax comes in different flavors and contains complex carbohydrates and sugars. This drink mix provides unbelievable energy so you can push harder, faster, and stronger!
6. Sport Beans – This isn’t your average handful of candy. Made by the jellybean experts, Jelly Belly, Sport Beans provide carbohydrates, electrolytes, and vitamins to fuel even your most intense workout. And they taste pretty dang good too!
While there are many great products available, these are our top 6 choices to keep you pedaling longer and stronger. Stop by The Bike Shop in Nacogdoches (East Texas) today to stock up on your signature product or try something new. If we don’t have what you’re looking for, we can order it. See you soon!